CALACT is under contract to Caltrans to implement RTAP in California. Our goal is to make the professional lives of rural transportation providers easier by being the in-state outlet for technical and training materials produced by the National RTAP, and supplementing their program with California-specific technical assistance, management workshops, peer networking and scholarship assistance.
California RTAP Benefits
Driver Safety Roadeos
California RTAP Objectives
- To promote the safe and effective delivery of public transportation in non-urbanized and small urban areas of California and to make more efficient use of public and private resources.
- To foster the development of state and local capacity for addressing the training and technical assistance needs of the rural/small urban transportation community.
- To improve the quality of information and technical assistance available through the development of training and technical assistance resources.
- To facilitate peer-to-peer self-help through the development of local networks of transit professionals.
- To support the coordination of public, private, specialized and human service transportation services.
- To assist in building a national and state of California database on the non-urbanized and small urban segment of the public transportation industry.