Company: Victor Valley Transit Authority
Job Title: Executive Director/CEO
Location: Southern California
Job Status: Full Time
The Victor Valley Transit Authority, an award-winning transit agency serving San Bernardino County’s High Desert in a desirable and affordable community is seeking a talented leader to be its next Executive Director.
• Applicants must have a stable work history, with a record of progressively responsible advancement in the transit industry and experience at the executive level at the agencies where they have worked.
• Technologically savvy; able to provide strong oversight regarding the implementation of transit productivity software and alternative fuel systems.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Leadership skills and the ability to inspire and motivate a team of service professionals.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to successfully interface with various boards and regulatory agencies.
• A four-year degree from an accredited university or technical college in public administration or a related discipline is a plus, however a work history of progressively responsible experience will be accepted as equivalent.
• Active participation in state and regional transit associations for the benefit of transit as a whole.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and comparable applications is required.
• Understanding of, and familiarity with, transit applications such as RTA (Ron Turley Associates), TransTrack, TrAMS, ECHO, NTD, Syncromatics, Trapeze, Avail, BlackCat, etc.
An excellent compensation package DOQ will be provided. The agency is a member of the CalPERS system for its retirement program and for health coverage while employed by the agency.
How to Apply
Please submit the following by email to email@example.com with “Executive Director” in the subject line.
1. A letter of interest specifically written for this position.
2. Current Resume detailing the last ten years of work experience including salary history.
3. Two (2) writing, presentation or report samples.
4. Three (3) professional references including at least one (past or present) supervisor or co-worker