TITLE: ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN I/II
(Position may be filled at either level of the flexibly staffed class)
SALARY RANGE: $57,961 – $83,883 Annually
(Salary commensurate with background and experience of the individual selected)
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
The Accounting Technician I/II will be primarily payroll-focused while also supporting the finance department in
other accounting duties and functions. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Processing bi-weekly payroll for 200+ employees with related benefits and deductions.
• Reviewing and entering payroll data and issue paychecks and electronic payroll deposits.
• Maintaining payroll accounts, files, and records; responding to inquiries from employees.
• Preparing bi-weekly CalPERS retirement, deferred compensation, and insurance reports.
• Learning complex union work rules and applying to Transit Operator pay.
• Assisting and communicating with auditor requests.
• Assisting with the maintenance and update of financial spreadsheets.
• Preparing accounts receivable billings and reconciliation. Processing and recording journal entries.
• Acting as backup for accounts payable function and/or vault cash handling duties.
• Reconciling invoices from employee benefit providers against payroll records.
• Education equivalent to a high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• One to three years of accounting experience preferably involving financial recordkeeping, payroll
processing, and public contact.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Multitasking and organization, including prioritization of work to meet critical department deadlines.
• Problem-solving; exercising sound independent judgment.
• Communicating effectively both in writing and orally, including providing customer service and
maintaining positive working relationships.
• Experience working with ADP Workforce Now and CalPERS.
• Strong working knowledge of MS Excel, including advanced spreadsheet applications.
Please visit www.countyconnection.com/jobs to access and complete the online application
OPEN UNTIL FILLED