The California Association for Coordinated Transportation (CALACT) is hiring for a Program Specialist. CALACT is an innovative, award winning non-profit that advocates for and supports California Transit agencies.
• Applicants must have a stable work history, with a record of progressively responsible advancement in transit or similar industries.
• Technologically savvy; able to provide strong administrative support assisting CALACT’s member agencies with their purchasing and other needs.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to successfully interface with public agencies and private firms that support the transit agencies.
• A four-year degree from an accredited university or technical college is a plus, however a work history of progressively responsible experience will be accepted as equivalent.
• Understanding of and Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications, database programs, website maintenance and surveying tools is required.
• A familiarity with vehicle maintenance and automotive technology is desired.
The starting salary range is between $85-105,000 per year. Benefits including a health plan, life insurance and a 401k match are offered.
The association headquarters is located in Sacramento, California but a hybrid work schedule that combines regular time in the office with at-home work may be considered. Expect a fast paced, but progressive and rewarding work environment. The employee must be able to to travel away for up to a week at a time several times a year preparing for and working at CALACT’s own conferences and meetings and attending other transit industry functions. Flexibility is a must. Training will be provided at the discretion of the Executive Director.
How to Apply
Please submit the following by email to the Mobility Advancement Group attention Martin Gombert at Transitpro@outlook.com with “Purchasing Specialist” in the subject line.
1. A letter of interest specifically written for this position.
2. Current Resume detailing the last ten years of work experience including salary history.
3. Two (2) writing, presentation, or report samples.
4. Three (3) professional references including at least one (past or present) Supervisor or Co-worker.